Friday, April 28, 2023

I climbed a mountain!!

Literally, a mountain in Hokkaido (Mt. Moiwa!) After reading some information on the internet that it was an easy hike (came to found out later that noooo, it is not an easy hike to the observation deck) my overweight body was dying only a half a mile into the hike, with 3km left. I sat down on a fallen tree trunk with my husband who said we needed to go back because my face was incredibly red and he didn't want me dealing with heatstroke. I realized that this was my "fork in the road" moment. I could walk away and regret it forever or push myself beyond what I thought I could handle and truly begin my weight loss journey. I decided to push forward, and completed the hour hike in 1.5 hours. I should put that I took breaks and did intensive deep breathing when I thought I was getting overwhelmed (and also you should always put your health first, don't do what I did unless you think you can handle it)

We made it to the observation deck and saw Sapporo in all of its glory. It was exhilarating. I rung the bell of happy marriage/success twice with my husband.

A Japanese man saw us coming up the final stretch of the path and said jokingly with a smile on his face "Ah, long hike huh?" I laughed with him, because I want to continue doing healthy things, because I deserve to feel that victory. I didn't have anywhere else to post my success but this is my moment to get strong and healthy for me, my husband, and our future children. This is the moment I change. I'm 70 lbs overweight and I need to be better.

Any tips, healthy recipe suggestions? How can I keep the momentum going when I return to the USA?

submitted by /u/vfp_pr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/tsP5R4z

No comments:

Post a Comment