Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Anyone out there maintaining a weight of less than 200 after being over 400 pounds?

I have been maintaining a weight range of 220-230 for the past several years. My highest weight was 450+. My weight loss was natural. My blood pressure is perfect (it used to be dangerously high) and so are other markers of health. I have begun losing weight again, and I'm getting close to being under 200. I am wondering if it's even realistic to think I could maintain less than 200. Previously in my life (teens and 20s), I've only maintained a sub-200 weight through eating disorders and drug abuse. I will not be overly restrictive in my diet or experience constant hunger as those are unhealthy behaviors in my ED recovery (and also binge triggers). I see most formerly 400+ (even those who have weight loss surgery) who don't get under 200 either (like many of the My 600 lb life patients who were successful in losing hundreds of pounds).

I also have no idea how much my loose skin weighs and it is everywhere, including my forearms and calves. I am mostly fine maintaining a low 200 range as I feel very healthy and can still fit into plus size (though barely) and regular sizes, so I have a lot of clothing options. But I worry about still getting harassed by doctors and also want to get a brachioplasty (arm lift), and I believe they'd want me to be under 200 as well.

Is there anyone here who healthily maintains sub-200 after being 400+?

submitted by /u/astraennui
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/6bm75xJ

No comments:

Post a Comment