Monday, April 24, 2023

How did weight training change things for you?

I’ve been counting calories on and off for a few years now and I’ve maintained my goal weight (F, 5’7”, 128 lbs) for a while. Before I got pregnant 1.5 years ago, I was doing Pilates 5x per week, and I had some nice tone however I’ve never been lean. I’ve always been flabby and have a good amount of excess fat that sits on my abdomen and inner thighs.

I know part of this is also loose skin. My total weight loss was 50 pounds and my skin was never genetically tight. However this is also a body recomp issue I think. I want to start heavy lifting but part of me wonders if I need to lose more weight. I know objectively I’m really low on the weight scale for my height but my body doesn’t reflect it physically. I do not have body dysmorphia, in fact, I really love and appreciate my body especially after having my son but I also really want to get a lean look. It’s a fun goal.

I’m curious how lifting changed things for people on here. Thanks!

submitted by /u/baby_loveee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/HWVeK7s

No comments:

Post a Comment