Thursday, April 20, 2023

Tips for starting weight loss journey? I currently have no motivation :(

TW: tiny mention of ED

I was always on the fitter, more active side until I had a mental breakdown 2 years ago and had to go on antidepressants. My appetite increased and I put on 20 pounds in a month and a half with no trouble. Fast forward about 2 years later and I’ve put on 100 pounds… not necessarily due to the meds but because I’ve developed a poor diet and barely exercise.

I used to be way more conscious about my looks and how clothes fit, but I don’t really care that much anymore. On the one hand it is nice because I was way too consumed about those things (actually had a diagnosed ED at one point) but I know this weight isn’t good for my health. The cognitive dissonance is so strong - I know it’s bad but man that salty/sweet stuff tastes good.

Have any of you dealt with what I’m going through? How did you find your motivation?

submitted by /u/dotdittydoo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nsLTWNC

No comments:

Post a Comment