Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Fat redistribution

I (F54) finished 6 months of (mild) chemo in January. Prior to my diagnoses a year ago, I was doing pretty well on my weight loss journey (SW 270 / 1 yr ago 230 / CW 220). My oncologist was very firm about no dieting during chemo; it was not the time to be losing weight since my body was doing its thing with massively depleting and getting rid of cancer cells. It did and I am now cancer free. (Phew!) I was hoping for a chemo bonus of weight loss! . . . but no such luck. I only lost about 10 pounds and it all came off in my middle (and probably internally). The atrophy side effect made my leg muscles substantially disappear. Also, I was sedentary because I was tired. I now have a smaller waist/stomach, but my legs have SO much fat. They're gelatinous fucking tree trunks. I have zero restrictions now, so what would you recommend that I do to lose it? Lots of cardio to lose the fat? High protein and lifting weights? Any tiny bit of advice is much appreciated! I plan to turn this into another victory! I'm just stuck about how to do it.

submitted by /u/LocalAndi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Et1wIk6

No comments:

Post a Comment