Friday, April 21, 2023

GERD and complications

More of a cautionary tale as I’m getting my weight under control again. In 2015, I hit my heaviest and started to get chronic heartburn. Made a huge commitment and lost 45lbs and was feeling great

Life happened, (wife got cancer, kids, house , daughter with ASD etc etc). The only comfort became food again and my fitness pal looks like a volatile stock ticker.

About 6 months ago my heart burn was back with a vengeance and I’ve had to exclude a lot of trigger foods.

I’ve now had to get an ENT referral and will likely need an endoscopy and potential dilation from all the damage cause by the reflux. This has been on the biggest motivators to continue with the weight loss

Don’t ignore symptoms. Stuff like GERD / chronic heartburn can really bite you in the ass if left unchecked.

submitted by /u/username_choose_you
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/CGRd9uU

No comments:

Post a Comment