Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Seeking Advice: Paying for loose skin surgery after dramatic weight loss

Hi! Over the past 2 years, I have lost over 165 lbs. I feel so much healthier now. I recently underwent a panniculectomy as step 1 of a 4 step plan to remove the excess skin that I obviously had after losing so much weight. The surgery went very well, and the results were great (pics in profile). My issue now is that I have 3 other surgeries left (lower back, chest, and arms), and it just seems that the cost is incredibly prohibitive. In total, the surgeries (including the one I already had) will run about $25,000. I want to have the surgeries for my own mental health and to have my body match how I feel inside. I am so close to getting to where I want to be yet it feels beyond reach.

Has anyone been through the system that may have some insight on navigating cost? I am posting here because I really am curious to hear from those who have had skin surgery after major weight loss. Did you save up until you could pay with cash? Did you take out loans? Paid with credit cards? Crowdfunded?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

submitted by /u/JayMunnie1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/KhnojEf

No comments:

Post a Comment