Tuesday, April 18, 2023

What I learned from two years of not losing weight

I joined Reddit exactly two years ago specifically for this sub. I’d never heard of the site, but I loved the idea of a positive community focused on weight loss. I committed then to losing the stubborn 50 or so lbs I’d gained in college.

Here I am, two years later, and I’m basically at the same place I started. I’ve lost a bit and gained it back over and over, but I am so proud of myself for my progress over the last few years in so many other areas! I might not have lost weight, but I:

  • Learned how to cook and eat almost every meal at home.
  • Went to therapy for my binge eating and have that completely under control.
  • Started exercising more regularly, and I’ve even accomplished some recent fitness goals!
  • Signed up for and completed a 5k.
  • Stopped punishing myself for a bad eating days and just recommit the next day.
  • I’ve gone on hikes, long bike rides, and all kinds of physical activity I didn’t think I could do.
  • Graduated college with an awesome job lined up!

I could keep listing things, but I think the point is there. I may not have lost the weight, but my mindset to be healthier has carried over into so many aspects of my life and made me much happier. Also, I may not have lost any weight, but I did successfully stop gaining weight after steady scale increases for years!

I’m happy, and although I still plan on trying to lose the weight (especially now that college is over), I think my weight loss journey over the last two years is a success even though the scale never changed.

submitted by /u/Pristine-Site7302
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/oLMpNZF

No comments:

Post a Comment