Saturday, April 15, 2023

Alternative to alcohol to relax at the end of the day?

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to alcohol? I find after a long day it's a nice means to relax and wind down and let off steam. But it hinders weight loss and is overall unhealthy. Desert like cheesecake, muffins, pie, would be nice except I am of course trying to lose weight and they are not much healthier than beer anyway.

The lists I see online offer things like:

  • Exercise: I already do that every morning to get my day started
  • Meditation: No. I am bored out of my mind.
  • Do something with friends: I do this too. Sometimes after this I would like to drink something to relax and wind down.
  • Deep breathing: This is helpful. But afterwards I sometimes really wish I could have a beer and wind down.
  • Reduce caffeine: I don't drink anything containing caffeine anymore
  • Mocktails: These are cocktails without the fun and all the sugar high/crash.
  • Matcha tea: Didn't like the taste and it contains caffeine.
  • Herbal tea: I drink this during the day while I'm working. Drinking something else at night would be nice.

I have associated consuming something specific as opening the door to the end of the workday and the beginning of relaxing/have fun time. I would like to keep this habit, but simply replace what I currently consume with something else

There are plenty of other suggestions online, but often they seem slanted to encouraging the reader buying what the website wants to sell/promote (Kava, GABBA, L-theanine, etc etc).

Any thoughts? Honest opinions?

submitted by /u/dave999dave
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WvmZ5Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment