Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Oops

I started my weight loss, fitness, and better all around health journey in early March. At that time I calculated my TDEE, figured out what my calorie deficit should be, put together a daily food plan that supported my goals and began walking as much as the crappy weather permitted. I was walking on some really cold and miserable days, following my meal plan, and the weight started coming off at about 2lbs a week. As I built up some endurance my walks intensified to include more hills and more distance. Finally the weather broke and I turned it up a few more notches. I was walking farther and faster, keeping my heart rate up from start to stop. This last weekend I decided to stress test myself and did a couple of high intensity walks and I was happy as a clam with the results. But then the OOPS reared its ugly head. My legs were really sore so I figured a rest day was in order. That didn't resolve the soreness and today I am still somewhat sore and I am also really sluggish. And this week I have also ceased losing weight. Out of curiosity I recalculated my TDEE and between my weight loss and the increased physical activity, I discovered that I am now eating around 500 calories below where I need to be. Well that explains a whole bunch. So, I will be adding a welcome 500 calorie addition to my daily meals and see if that gets me back on target. Lesson learned, recalculate TDEE often.

Best safe weight loss journey to all of you!

submitted by /u/dog-ate-it
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/eVlsZp0

No comments:

Post a Comment