Friday, April 28, 2023

Finally no longer Obese! Friends who are also overweight or obese keep telling me I don’t need to lose more :/

I’ve been on a long journey for about 2-3 years. I’m 5’3” and have lost 61 pounds so far sw 225 cw 161! Gw I haven’t decided but between 125 and 135 I think.

I started losing in 2020 when I was getting chest pains used Noom it helped a lot got from 225-178 then kinda stalled out.

This February I re-startd medication (very low dose) for adhd (diagnosed at 7 years old and took it from 10 years to about 28). I didn’t expect weight loss I wanted help with my symptoms.

However it helped so much with curbing my appetite and getting me focused on weight loss again. I went from 178 to 161 today

I did recently start compounded ozempic and am super excited. Since having kids I couldn’t ever get below 168. Before having kids I was usually 120-145 at the most. Did crash diets as a teen and at one point weighed 113 which was much too thin I looked gaunt. I’ve lost quickly on the ozempic. I lost the weight that got me under my “set weight” of 168 finally while on the starter dose (compounded and prescribed by a doctor)

Well a couple of my friends, one who has lost some weight on ozempic for medical reasons and supports my use of it to be healthier and in shape recently said I’ve lost too much and don’t need to lose anymore. Another friend I was showing her pictures of myself when I was 128 pounds and she was like yuck you looked anorexic. 🙃

I live in a state that has one of the highest rates of obesity. It’s rare to see someone who isn’t a teen with a healthy weight. Just a little disappointed but I plan to continue. I am barely under the obese cutoff now and I’m not like super muscular or anything.

I want to be healthy and happy for my kids and for me. I just feel like obesity and overweight has become so common that a healthy weight like bmi 24 is seen as too thin by many

submitted by /u/wearthemasque
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3YIf1KL

No comments:

Post a Comment