Sunday, April 9, 2023

3 weeks and no progress

I can't stop crying. Since developing a binge eating disorder due to depression and anxiety, I've been trying to lose weight for years. 3 weeks ago, I decided once again to start my weight loss journey. On 20 March 2023, I weighed in at 73.8kg. On 24 March, I weighed in at 73kg. Today (9 April), after 20 days of calorie deficit and cardio, I weighed myself and I'm 74.3kg. There's been no progress—in fact, my weight increased when I should have been down 1.5kg by now.

At first, I weighed myself daily, but it was extremely triggering, and I couldn't get my brain to accept that these were just normal weight fluctuations, so I began weighing myself weekly so I could focus on getting healthier rather than just on numbers. But I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

My statistics: 20F, 157cm (5"1), about 163 pounds (74kg). I want to lose at least 44 pounds (about 20 kg). My TDEE (sedentary) is about 1,750 calories.

What I've been doing thus far:

  1. Running for 1 hour a day, about 2-4 times a week. According to my fitness app, this burns 250 calories each time. I have been mostly inactive and running has been a totally new addition to my life. Is this not enough? Is it absolutely necessary for me to incorporate weight lifting? Is the "weight" just water weight, since this is a new routine?
  2. I've been in a calorie deficit (I think...), but the problem is that I'm unable to track my calories. I live with my parents and food is usually cooked at home, so I don't know how many calories are in each meal. However, I have reduced my portion size and cut out fast food, alcohol, junk food, etc. Maybe that's not enough?
  3. I use a pretty old digital scale that hasn't had its batteries replaced, so could that be a problem?
  4. I tend to gain weight before my period - could this explain things?

If anyone could give me advice, that would be great. I really don't want to give up again and go back to the same unhealthy cycle of bingeing and weight gain. I'm so tired but I feel determined to be consistent. It's just days like this that are extremely unmotivating.

submitted by /u/ReviewIcy5267
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Mdtwhym

No comments:

Post a Comment