Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Slow weight loss progress… but my body is changing!

Like many people in this sub I’ve been feeling a bit dejected for the last couple of weeks as I’m not seeing those numbers on the scales change as fast as I would like them too…

After an appointment with my Doctor last month she recommended that I also start to take body measurements as BMI is not an accurate health measurement for me (we suspect I have lipoedema so are wanting to see if my weight loss leads to size changes in my legs or not).

I took measurements on the 27th March, but haven’t got around to doing it again until this morning and I was SHOCKED!

On my scales I have lost about 1-1.5kg in the last 3 weeks and have been fluctuating a lot… but I have somehow lost 4cm off my waistline… a bit of a reality check for me! Just because I’m not seeing the progress I want in one measurement, it doesn’t mean that what I’m doing isn’t working! 💪🏻

So if like me you’ve felt stuck with the scales… this is your sign to look for other measures of success and progress too!

submitted by /u/ElloEmm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/e5sVCmB

No comments:

Post a Comment