Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Too much rice? Lazy diet?

Recently bought myself a rice cooker and within the first week I realized that all of the caloric information was referring to cooked, not dry rice. Common mistake from what I've read. I was consuming way more calories worth of rice than I had intended to. That's ok, no harm done.

I was sad for obvious reasons but then I thought to myself, what if I just eat that much rice(1 cup dry when dry) each day and balance my calories around that? Well Ive been trying that this week and it has been surprisingly sustainable, at least in the short term. I don't really find myself feeling hungry. I even struggle to finish my meal without taking a short break sometimes.

I eat once per day. Roughly 700 calories from rice(brown, though I plan to switch to jasmine/white once I run out because I heard brown has more toxins), 400 from chicken breast(Tyson, frozen), 150 from broccoli in a cheese sauce(bird's eye), 150 from a hood cottage cheese cup. 1400 calories in my one meal. I also cheat a bit and have a cup of coffee 4 days per week at work that I'll call 200 calories due to the creamer. I'm planning on adding a piece of fruit to this each day as well.

This is less than I should be consuming being 270ish pounds and obviously being this heavy already I'm sure you know as well as I do how much I'm capable of eating without struggle. This leaves me with more wiggle room during my weekends, when I unfortunately tend to not be quite as strict with myself, though I'm trying to change this. I don't quite have a plan for the weekends yet... But I was thinking about swapping the rice for oatmeal mixed with protein powder. I would usually have half a cup of oatmeal and a scoop of protein powder, adding up to 300 calories. Would it be bad to double this?

I'm extremely lazy when it comes to preparing meals. All of these recipes and videos I see online seem extremely unrealistic to me. Maybe I'm the weird one but when I see a video titled "What I make for breakfast when I'm feeling lazy" and it takes like 20 minutes not counting cleaning dishes I'm like "Yeah that looks tasty." And then I move on with my day, never to think about it again. I'm more of a put rice in the cooker and mix some low effort things in afterward kind of person. I hope I'm not unique in being this way.

I didn't really have an end goal in posting this. It just feels nice to have an outlet for my weight loss thoughts sometimes.

I'll end with this question: Does anyone have any "lazy" dieting tips?

submitted by /u/imaginarykiwi69
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ba5wBEj

No comments:

Post a Comment