Saturday, April 8, 2023

First post. Started intermittent fasting. Not sure if I'm doing this right. Is it ok for daily calorie intake to vary?

Hi all, it's my first time posting here. I've been doing intermittent fasting for a little over a month now on a 20:4 schedule. Intermittent fasting appealed to me as an easier, more sustainable way to lose weight since I find it much easier to restrict when I eat rather than what.

The most I've ever lost was about 50lb, but I gained it all back in the last couple years because I stopped tracking my calories, went to a few too many lunches with coworkers, etc. Trying to figure out what I can eat for 2-3 meals a day and stay under 1200 cal when other people want to go out was really hard to keep up with longterm.

I think a big part of my problem is going out to eat where/whenever other people want to. Once I'm there I figure I might as well order whatever looks best to me. I usually get too full because then I feel bad not finishing my food.

So far I've lost about 17-18lb in the last month or so and I'm really happy with that progress. I'm easily in the lead for my office weight loss competition and I don't even feel like I'm trying that hard. I still go out to lunch with coworkers, but just order an iced tea, so I don't have to miss out on social stuff.

I'm wondering about the calories though. One of my coworkers said I was losing weight too fast, though I'm not sure if that's just because he's in the competition with me. I still go out for dinner occasionally, but I've been eating at home more. I also started fixing some food just for me since my husband and I have different taste and caloric needs.

I know some days I'm probably below what I think my daily calories should be. I picked up some good bread from a bakery recently and have been really enjoying eating a sandwich with that bread, 2 sliced mini cucumbers, and some mayo for dinner. I top it off with a slice of their challah bread with a little butter and a drizzle of honey and a bubbl'r to drink.

Afterwards I feel satisfied and less exhausted than I normally do after eating. Without the pressure of feeling obligated to eat so often, I've found that I don't even actually feel hungry.

While I love how I feel and the results I'm getting, I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. I know I'm probably around or a little over my bmr if I go out for my meal on a weekend, but my normal weekdays are in the 700-900 range a lot.

submitted by /u/ordinarycontents
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RX0nmEp

No comments:

Post a Comment