Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Avoiding evening snacks

Hi all, thought I would share a few things that have really helped me with not overeating in the evening. It used to be the hardest time for me to stay on track as my partner and I would watch tv and it's easy to sit and munch mindlessly.

1: I stop eating at 8pm, this shifts my perspective from "I only have x amount of calories to last me for hours" which can trigger my emotional eating to "I have a decent amount of calories compared to the time I have left in my eating window". It completely removes the emotional element for me.

  1. I have a "snack bowl" instead of singular snacks - my go to is a crushed meringue, a protein yoghurt or protein pot, mini marshmallows, dark choc chips and a drizzle of dessert syrup. This works out around 200 calories but is so filling and I feel completely satisfied after. If I had a packet of crisps and a small bar for the same calories, I would be looking for something else after for sure.

  2. I aim to get into bed at 9pm to read for an hour or so before going to sleep at 10pm. Sleep is important for weight loss and it also means that I don't feel hard done by finishing my eating window at 8pm as it's only an hour til I'm going to bed.

I know this won't suit everyone's lifestyle but it's worked so well for me for about 3 months now and I'm hoping it be a long-term lifestyle change. This is my routine only when I'm at home for the evening, the odd evening / night out I don't count calories or have an eating window.

submitted by /u/buckfastqueen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FDaOm5u

No comments:

Post a Comment