Sunday, October 8, 2023

How to stop snacking ? How to curb hunger? Starting weight loss journey

I am starting my weight loss journey now. I am 5’3 and 160 lbs, bmi 28.34.

I’ve been thin my whole life. I was a track runner in high school, did marathon training in college, and until age 22 my max weight was 140 and I had a lot of muscle.

Fast forward to age 25, after a year at a sedentary job and mindless snacking (my coworkers just love bringing donuts, Oreos, biscoff cookies, fruit snacks, chocolates, juices, you name it! Every day! I’ve been indulging quite mindlessly.) I am at 160 pounds. 2 months ago, I was 149 lbs.

I feel my hunger is constantly there. After eating a substantial lunch I feel hungry in 30 minutes again, and I go for the snacks! I eat breakfast at home and I’m hungry again by the time I get to work. I drink coffee every morning and it doesn’t do much for the appetite.

I try to replace snacking with walking, and I go for 3-4 15 minute walks daily during my 8 hour workday! But I think this makes me even more hungry, when I’m back at my desk I just go for the snacks again.

I am currently exercising by going to Orangetheory 2-3 times per week, each class I burn around 500-800 calories (based on their heart-rate monitor and my Apple Watch).

With the amount of exercise I’m getting in, the weight gain has to be from the snacks, and the constant hunger. I had my labs checked and everything’s good! No thyroid issues. I was on antidepressants (Prozac) but stopped 1 month ago. I am not taking birth control currently

Please help, how do y’all control the snack cravings?? What foods do you eat to keep you full longer? How much protein to eat for appetite suppression?

Any advice is appreciated. This is my first weight loss journey

submitted by /u/Alternative_Carob380
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Sjb5mqE

No comments:

Post a Comment