Tuesday, October 3, 2023

NSV: I fit my suit!

About two years ago I bought a suit off Amazon to be my first suit for my first big boy job. And because it's Amazon, it arrived and was a size too small. I could squeeze my arms in there and as long as I barely moved, I could wear it with minimal discomfort. I felt a little bit like a sausage but the suit still managed to look very dapper on me.

For about a month before my increasing weight gain meant it was no longer comfortable to wear at all.

I had enough time to buy a better fitting larger suit. But at my heaviest I barely fit in that either and the Amazon suit was so small, I literally could not fit my arms into it at all anymore. That was a bit of a sobering moment.

This weekend is a holiday in my religion and I put the Amazon suit on - and it fit like a glove. Even better than when I bought it. I wore it to a holiday celebration and an aunty told me I looked like a groom, all dapper and handsome. This was a good week.

I'm on track to lose 5lbs this month, despite getting sick and temporarily eating at maintenance. I'm close to 20lbs off. If I keep it up, I'll get the 30lbs off by the end of the year. I suspect it will probably not go that smoothly until the end, but I'm hoping that I can at least get to the 25 mark before it starts getting really tough.

The rules tell me I need to give advice on how others can do what I am doing, so I'll just share what I'm trying to do:

900-500 kcal average deficit every week, with a goal daily calorie intake of about 1300 kcal. I use volume eating, I mostly stopped eating grains, rice and potatoes. I get my carbs from vegetables, fruits and dairy. An average split of 50% carbs, 25% fat and 25% protein. I cook 90% of my own meals, with occasional snacks for meals or take out once every few weeks.

I am still recovering from illness (covid), but I was walking at least an hour per day for the first month and a half of weight loss, which greatly exacerbated the loss at first. I have since been recovering and slowly rebuilding my exercise tolerance.

I have medical issues with many foods, unstable blood sugars and physical disability. This includes two endocrine disorders that make my BMR lower than it should be for my height and gender. But I've found a good deficit where I am not constantly starving and also not constantly fatigued (I tried 1200 at first, bad idea). It's been a lot of trial and error, but so far, it works.

submitted by /u/Joshuainlimbo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/721zPGY

No comments:

Post a Comment