Sunday, October 29, 2023

Day 1 Post (Looking for advice) about losing some weight

Hi, I'm a soon to be 19 year old male. I wanted to get some advice on weight loss/losing some weight. I weight about 185.8 lbs currently, and I'm 5'10", a little above 10 inches but that's my height, which puts me at a BMI of overweight. I plan to cut down to 170 lbs so I feel better about myself.

I have some fat at my stomach and I plan to lose those 15 lbs over about six months to a year. Is that a realistic goal? I plan to track calories, in general, and cut down on snacking/sugar, which I have a poor habit of having a lot of, to lose the weight. I also plan to portion control and eat a little less, still going to eat three meals a day, add vegetables and fruit, etc.

I also don't know what type of calorie defecit I would want, it was found with a calculator to be about 500-1,000 calories, or only eat 2,000 calories a day. If I plan to try to lose 15 lbs over 6 months, so do you have any recommendations about how many calories I should aim to limit myself to each day to lose that much weight over six months? Any other advice? Thanks! I can't do the gym, don't have the time due to my busy schedule, but I do have a bike, treadmill, and the outdoors (live in a suburb). I'm in college with a 4 hour commute every day, to and back, plus Marching Band and classes, so I don't have time for the gym. Would body weight exercises work?

submitted by /u/HyruleSmash855
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ehVqdBJ

No comments:

Post a Comment