Sunday, October 8, 2023

Dang, the body dysmorphia is real

I always see posts about body dysmorphia across the weight loss subreddits, but it’s one of those things you don’t understand until you experience it. Man were y’all right. It sucks.

I wouldn’t say I was more confident before losing 14 pounds (so far), but I was more consistent with my self-image. A lot of the time it was neutral. I knew I could change the way I looked but just didn’t. But now that I’m trying to better my looks, my self-image has been very volatile. Some days I feel great, but a lot of days I feel down.

Don’t get me wrong, I would never undo this progress to feel better. I feel so much healthier, and now I’m able to go about life without the background noise in my head telling me “you’re fat” (despite the fact that I’m ~20 lbs away from my GW). But ya know. My mind likes games.

I hope it doesn’t get much worse than this. Maybe my confidence will stabilize when I’m done.

I’m still proud of myself though.

submitted by /u/Sea-Seaweed4930
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/bljpq4Q

No comments:

Post a Comment