Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Surgery or lose more?

Pretty self explanatory as far as the title goes This is me right now

Three years ago I started a weight loss and fitness journey that saw me (M29 5’9”) go from 235 to 135 pounds. I reached that through CICO and permanent lifestyle changes that drastically increased my physical activity. I’ve been in the 130s for over a year now, and I am feeling confident about not gaining the weight back at least.

My mental health has improved tenfold, and I’m in the best shape I have ever been. A month ago, I climbed a small 5,000 foot mountain in Alaska, which had been a dream of mine for several years. Something like that would have been impossible for me prior to my weight loss. I’m extremely proud of what I’ve achieved so far.

However, looking in the mirror and seeing what I linked above is very difficult to feel positive about. No matter what I do, that flap/fold/belly hang will not disappear. I can see the outline of my ribs under my chest. I can feel my hip bones. But that area on my gut makes me basically never want to take off my shirt. When I bend over, it droops forward in this horrible sort of wrinkly mass. I just hate it.

I know that there’s loose skin. And I also know that there’s some stubborn subcutaneous fat as well. But at my height and weight, I’m beginning to feel like surgery is the only way to flatten it. Tummy tuck and lipo seem to be what would be most effective from my research. So my question is if there is any way to naturally fix this, or does my stomach look like I’m to the point where removing the loose skin is the best option?

I’m tired of feeling disgusting in my own body after working this hard to be healthy. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/Shelldox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/T7RhODe

No comments:

Post a Comment