Tuesday, October 10, 2023

PCOS makes everything so much harder

I'm 25f, 165cm, currently 70-71kg and have PCOS (supposedly a mild one but my cycle is greatly affected).

Ever since I started medication to regulate/"force" my hormones to do their job (about 18y.o.) I've been having weight problems. Gained weight the first 2 years I used them, lost rapidly weight when I first stopped them (to the point of being unhealthy for me), then gained when I started them again even more than the first time and it's been 2 years since I stopped them again but, this time, I gained weight when I stopped. Summer of '22 I was working 9-11h each day every day (7/7) and only had time to eat twice per day and I still gained weight up to 68kg. When I finished that job in september of '22 because of moving to another city I slowly gained weight until I reached 72kg in the winter.

After that I started eating healthy, homemade meals, fresh fruits etc in what every calculator said for me being in a calorie deficit which was 1400-1600kcal (in 1400kcal I was usually still feeling hungry btw) depending on my workours' days (was already eating healthy, just not measuring everything/counting calories, and I was doing 10k steps in fast walking daily +weight training and some cardio for the finish during my workouts). The result? Barely lost 2kg that I gained back + 4kg more during my exams on june-july (resulting in being 76kg).

I decided to go to a nutritionist to check my body composition and my BMR. With a 26% body fat and lots of muscle mass I have I should be having a BMR of 1650kcal (give or take as all the BMR calculators would estimate based on my info), but instead my BMR is actually give or take 1150kcal (calculated it with that machine where you breath into a mask for some time and it measures how much energy you spent then and then estimates for 24hours) because of my PCOS.

I've changed my daily limit to 1200kcal (because of the "lower than 1200kcal is not enough to be healthy" rule) and I've lost 4kg and some change in 2 months, but honestly I can't stop thinking about food 'cause the portions I'm eating are too small to be enjoyed much. I'm walking at least 10k steps each day to keep my mind off of food and for the time to pass until my next meal, but now that I started university again I have to sit still during classes so I can't really "walk it off".

I'm just so frustrated of how my body works, of how just because I have a mild case of PCOS any weight managing gets so hard and how I can't just enjoy food freely without thinking about how much and what food/meals I can eat during the rest of the day to feel as less hungry as possible ('cause feeling full has become rare now) until I reach the limit 'cause the limit is so damn low that it's quickly reached. I'm frustrated by the fact that PCOS "costs" me 500kcal that would really make me feel that I'm eating like an actual adult human again and not like a child. And I'm just already annoyed for my future in the following months that I will be continuing this weight loss path until I finally reach my weight goal (which is wherever in 60-65kg I feel comfortable enough and my fat % is in a healthy number).

I know that it is what it is, but it's dog sh.t..

submitted by /u/AlternativeConcept93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/DbTdGE0

No comments:

Post a Comment