Monday, October 9, 2023

Did anyone else experience this when beginning to lose weight?

I hope I can post this here and not be met with judgment because I really just am looking to see if anyone out there has experienced anything similar.

For context, I would be considered morbidly obese. I recently decided that it is time for me to change my life. I'm 30. It's been hard so far but I've been doing my best.

For the last 5-6 years or so I have been completely inactive and unhealthy. The extent of my exercise would be walking 2-3 minutes at a time, and nothing more. The first part of my journey has mainly revolved around changing my diet and getting that in order, but recently I decided I want to start exercising too. For me, right now, that just means going for walks. Eventually I'll take it further of course but this is what I feel I can do right now.

Here's where my issue comes in: when I walk, even for a few minutes, my calves start burning. This has been the case for a few years but I always chalked it up to being really fat and really out of shape. However, the other day I decided to google it just to see, and everywhere you look it basically says I have peripheral artery disease (PAD). Apparently this is characterized by burning calves when walking. The hallmark symptom. I guess I have it in my head now that this is what I have and it is destroying me. This could be the case and I have already made an appointment with my GP but it isn't for a few weeks and I don't know how to cope until then.

Has anyone else experienced pretty intense calf burning and fatigue when starting their weight loss journey/exercising? It would just be nice to know that this can just be a normal thing I'm experiencing and that it doesn't mean I have another thing destroying me.

submitted by /u/Apart_Blackberry_479
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/bTA8XEQ

No comments:

Post a Comment