Monday, October 23, 2023

How do I get started and stay consistent to lose 100lbs?

Looking to vent and also for advice, solidarity, or anything you have to offer really.

I’m really struggling. I have gained 100 lbs over the last two years. (Went from 140-240 at 5’6”). Here’s what has happened: got pregnant, stopped taking ADHD stimulant meds, stopped smoking, had a baby, have a diagnosis of depression, am breastfeeding, started and stopped birth control (Mirena), started and stopped antidepressants (Zoloft), had a major breakup with child’s father, joint custody, now living in a new area. And lately I’ve been struggling financially. I’m also a Ph.D. Candidate. I’m just listing these things to show some of the things I have done that may have contributed to my stress.

I have never struggled with my weight until now. I think I eat too much and sometimes I binge but I also walk and try to be active. My job is mostly sedentary though (work from home desk job) but I do try and make a point to be active. I have started therapy and talked with a few doctors. The doctors have simply told me to “eat less” and the therapist is great but I’m so ready to lose the weight. I’m so unhappy. And it’s very difficult to look at myself and get this journey started. I feel so defeated bc I keep gaining and I’m having to always size up.

But the issue is that I never struggled with this before the pregnancy. I would eat what I wanted and the most I would fluctuate would be 5-10lbs.

Anyone have a similar experience? I feel so ashamed and alone in this. No one I know has been through this or looks like me. This is only making my depression/binge eating/ unhealthy habits so much worse. I know diet and exercise is the way to go but I really am struggling to do this. Maybe it’s the depression?

Also, I’m 16 months postpartum and 30 yo.

I want to take meds to help with weight loss/binge eating but haven’t bc 1) I’m still breastfeeding and 2) I’ve heard bad things about long term side effects.

If you’ve read all of this, thank you so much for listening and giving me the space to talk to you. 🩷

submitted by /u/Chemical-Jump-4271
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4VfvuJH

No comments:

Post a Comment