Thursday, October 26, 2023

Have I been losing weight too fast?

I am a 30M (height 5'6'' or 168cm) who's been overweight for quite some time. Due to more inconviences in life (bad sleep, bad mood, bad blood work) I've decided to turn things around about 7 weeks ago. I was 100kg (220lbs) back then. I started exercising more, especially cardio - I have already been running a little, I just ate more than I burned - and I cut sweets and sugary drinks out entirely, fast food and alcohol almost entirely as well. I have a sweet tooth but fruit ended up satisfying that better than I had thought. That doesn't mean I didn't cheat - on festivities I'd have a glass of beer or I'd have a kebab or a pizza with whatever topping I wanted every once in a while. I wasn't as strict on food whenever I was on holiday or on a work trip but I still stuck to exercising and try to keep everything in moderation.

After a while I added intermittent fasting to my routine - usually opting for a 16:8 regimen. I only did that on work days and broke my fasting, whenever I felt like crap - which was a sign for me that I ate too little calories. That being said, I didn't track calories strictly but roughly calculated them by looking at the packages of the food I consumed - usually ending up between 1300-1500 calories. My TDEE is around 2000 calories with my current weight and exercise and the steps during work added another 700-1200 calories to that, at least according to my Apple Watch.

Now I know that a deficit of 1500-1700 calories is quite big and usually not recommended but I didn't really starve, I just ate as much as I needed to be satisfied but not full and realized that I can work with way less calories than I used to eat - the amount of crap I ate now scares me. I managed to lose about 22lbs (10kg) in 7 weeks . Now this is usually considered unhealthy but I feel great - sleep has been better, running has improved by a metric ton and the amount of positive feedback is like a drug.

Should I turn it down a notch or just keep going? Weight loss should be slowing down soon so I'm tempted to keep going. Thanks for reading through this :)

submitted by /u/Beginning-Sand-1352
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/zomDECp

No comments:

Post a Comment