Saturday, October 14, 2023

Weight loss slowed drastically, now I'm gaining weight?

This is half for me to vent, and half for advice. I (28F, 5' 9") started losing weight in February of this year. I started at 241 and reached 199 at the beginning of July. This was my first goal, but I was still not looking/feeling like I wanted, so my next goal is 175. I was using Noom, which set my calories to 1400. It was difficult but I was successful. I also work out 4-5 days a week doing strength training, yoga 2x per week, and 1-2 days with cardio. My job is fairly active and i average 8k steps on days where I'm not on the treadmill. My hair started falling out, and I was learning more about BMR and TDEE, and came to the conclusion I was not eating enough. This was difficult to change as I was afraid of going back over 200lbs. I increased to 1800 calories. I also started focusing on more protein as muscle growth is also a goal. It took me two months to get to 195, and last week I finally weighed in at 189. I was 189 for 3 days last week. We then had a night with friends over and I ate pizza, I skipped weigh in the next day because I knew it would be off, but then I was 191, then 191.6, and this morning I am 192.2. I want to cry. I am on my period, but it's like day 3-4 and my bloating has usually gone away by then. I weigh and log everything, so there's no way I consumed enough calories to gain 3 pounds in a week. And I dont think I'm packing on muscle at a rate to account for the lack of weight loss. I am so discouraged. I am already frustrated that it took me 4 months to lose 10 pounds, when I lost 40 in the 5 months before. Is 1800 still too many calories? I'm going to Las Vegas in a few weeks and I wanted to get to 185 by then, but that seems impossible. Any advice is appreciated, or even just an "I totally get it". I'm not at the point of giving up yet, but feeling really low.

submitted by /u/middlenamedanger17
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/qMD0eaH

No comments:

Post a Comment