Friday, October 20, 2023

Compliments from grandma

TL;DR: Sweet grandma notices I lost weight. Is extremely supportive and made me feel happy :)

I went to visit my grandma for the first time in 5 weeks, and she seemed a bit confused when I approached her in the nursing home, before she seemed to recognize me. A large chunk of the visit she talked about how good I looked now that I had lost some weight and how she almost didn't recognize me- and how she herself had doctors prescribe her medicine in the past to help her lose weight (which apparently worked like a charm, but are now no longer being offered as medicine, probably due to side-effects or health risks.)

My grandma used to be the type to openly deny that I was fat- even though I weighted about double what I should. But now all of a sudden I 'could lose some more weight, but not too much!'. I think she used to tell me I wasn't fat because I was never ready to lose weight, but now that I started losing weight and actively changing my life she's READY to support me- even apologizing for buying cake and soda (she normally never buys either unless she knows I'm coming over).

What surprised me the most is that she could clearly see the weight loss- something I myself haven't really noticed. I expected I'd have to tell her I lost some weight, but nope she noticed what was going on herself and made a big deal out of it- which did make me feel good.

submitted by /u/Kindryte
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ST9ECdq

No comments:

Post a Comment