Tuesday, October 3, 2023

One year later, and 180 pounds later

26M. SW: 450lbs CW: 270lbs GW: 199lbs

As the title suggests, over the past twelve months, I have lost 180lbs. I never would’ve dreamed of being successful in losing weight, so I hope my story can help and motivate others just starting their journey.

Last October, I made the decision to try yet again to lose weight, after numerous previous attempts. I would always stick to a diet for a few weeks and then fall right back into old habits. Not sure why this time was different, but it was. I began to count calories, which is a method I had tried previously. I used an online tdee calculator to determine my maintenance calories, and then tried to be at least 500 calories below that. I think the biggest thing for me this time around was that I didn’t restrict myself from certain foods. I simply tracked the calories and ate the food as long as it was within my caloric limit for the day. Honestly, the first month of my weight loss journey was eating Taco Bell power bowls and bowls from chipotle. Easy, and relatively low calorie as far as fast food goes.

I then decided to make more food for myself at home, along with quite a few frozen meals haha. I know macro wise, frozen meals aren’t the greatest, but it was an easy way for me to track calories easily, and have quick meals. When I do make food, I find ways to make it lower calorie when possible. 96/4 ground beef has been a lifesaver, along with keto buns and fat free cheese haha. This has been my main method of eating. Simply altering recipes to be lower calorie. Looking at every nutritional label for the product I needed, and buying the lowest calorie one.

Apart from this, nothing I did this time around was special. I still at cheat meals once in awhile. I did cut out drinking, which saved me a lot of calories on something with no nutritional value. Exercise wise, my job has me walking 8 plus miles a day, which has been my main source of exercise. I’m at the point where I would like to weight train more, which is my next step in my journey.

It feels great to be in the final stretch of my journey. By this time next year, I would be thrilled to be at my goal weight, in which case I would then be looking at skin removal surgery, since even at this point, I have quite a bit I wanna get rid of.

If anyone has any questions or wants me to share a certain aspect of my journey, please ask away. I am more than happy to share anything. I would love to help anyone just starting out on their journey answer any questions they may have. I am in no way an expert, but will try to help anyway possible. To anyone just starting out, if I can do it, you can too. You got this!!

submitted by /u/WeightLossTKCR
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/yLUan78

No comments:

Post a Comment