Friday, October 20, 2023

Weight loss and PCOS

Whenever you look up info on PCOS, you hear about how hard it is to lose weight. That calories in calories out doesn’t work for PCOS because macros have to be hit and you can have inflammatory or insulin resistant. How you shouldn’t eat dairy or gluten but you can do some complex carbs but if you’re still not losing weight, cut those too. But don’t restrict either. Don’t do high stress workouts, workouts don’t even burn that many calories. Just go for a walk.

And maybe you still won’t lose weight.

It seems SO discouraging and impossible to follow! But guess what? I started only eating 3 meals a day, no snacking, because I knew I was overeating and feeling overly full. I want to lose weight but I had such a mental block that I wasn’t going to lose weight that I was shocked to see I’m down 6 lbs over the past 2 weeks! Just from not snacking! (I was snacking ALOT). But I’ve realized that a basic energy formula cannot be disputed by a diagnosis.

I’m just sick of hearing people equating things that are hard to being impossible. And by packing on all the stipulations before even trying is tough! Maybe I’ll get to a point where those extra ten pounds aren’t coming off with CICO but I’m obese! I have to start somewhere and I’m disappointed I was discouraged for so long from just trying SOMETHING.

Rant over.

submitted by /u/MIuser1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nKLyljN

No comments:

Post a Comment