Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Need advise - How many calories should I be eating?

24F, 5'1'', 138lbs. I recently started my weight loss journey in August with a starting weight of 150lbs. So far I've lost 12 pounds (8 pounds with 4 pounds of initial water weight). Currently I'm eating between 1,100 and 1,200 calories a day. I've completely cut out added sugar and complex carbs, mainly focusing on my protein and fiber intake. I also do 30 minutes of weight training 3 times a week. Typically I have one "cheat" meal a week.

I've been doing a lot of research, and from everything I've been reading, they say that you should only cut about 200 to 300 calories from your maintenance calories. The problem is, I don't know what my maintenance calories are.

Before I got serious about my weight loss, my eating was very sporadic. My hunger cues are extremely messed up from previously starving myself when I was in college, and from medication that I'm currently on. I would often forget to eat. And when I did eat, I would tend to binge, just eating everything and anything.

I'm really trying to become healthier and not fall into old habits because I recognize that they are not healthy. However, I'm worried that 1,200 calories is too little to be eating. It seems that most people are eating between between 1,400 and 1,800 a day.

Now that I'm two months into this, I'm worried that if I increase my calories, I'm going to start gaining weight again. I really don't want to lose the progress I made, but I also want to lose weight in a healthy way.

submitted by /u/Able-Crazy-8505
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TYpKODP

No comments:

Post a Comment