Friday, October 6, 2023

My BMR seems low?

Hi all. Long time lurker here. I've had a long weight loss journey and have lost quite a bit of weight so I can have a surgery here in the UK.

I'm a 5"9 and a half trans female. So sex assigned at birth is male, gender female. I've been on HRT since I was 17 and have no T in my system. Currently I weigh 81kg.

So basing my BMR off of my smart scales and the body comp machine at the gym (I'm aware they aren't fully accurate). My bodyfat is between 22-29%. From multiple comparisons where youtubers have compared smart scales and body comp machines with dexascan. The BF% is never really more then 10% off.

Regardless. Both the machines I'm using are throwing out a BMR of 1400-1550kcals. With a muscle mass around 50kg (allegedly). To support this when I eat over 1400kcals a day I don't seem to lose any weight and in the most parts I gain weight. I've been silly with my diets in the past but have done refeeding cycles to try and get my metabolism back up a little bit.

It just feels like a really low calorie intake for someone my size? I do workout everyday (45 minutes of LISS or 20 minutes of HIIT, + weights focusing mainly on legs, bum and core. So my intake should be nearer to 2000kcals...but again. When doing this intake, I feel sick with the amount of healthy food I have to eat. And I always seem to maintain or gain weight.

Anyone have any input or advice?

submitted by /u/ImmediateDamage1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZNYlmgi

No comments:

Post a Comment