Saturday, October 7, 2023

Down to double digits (kg) for the first time in a long long time

I've only started hovering around this sub recently, but i've been working on myself seriously for around 5 months now. 5 ft 9, 29M, was a little over 120kg (~265lb) when I started and had been obese and unhappy with myself for as long as I can remember really. I've never been happy with my body and I had tried a few times to lose weight and fix my habits but never seen much success, just losing a few kg and then piling it back on.

Honestly, I'm not completely sure what changed this year for me. Maybe it's the impending doom of turning 30 next year, or some minor health niggles in recent years, but something flicked a switch in me and suddenly i'm seeing huge results.

All those bad habits built up over the years have slowly come crashing down. Fast food and processed meals gone and replaced with fresh food cooked at home. Unhealthy snacks replaced with berries and fruit. Sedentary lifestyle replaced with weights, cardio, and plenty of walking. Binge drinking on weekends replaced with, well, not doing that lol.

All that for a few months resulted in me stepping on the scales this morning to see 99.8kg (~220lb) pop up, putting me in double digits for the first time I can remember, though I had spent a long time never weighing myself until recent years. So i'm feeling pretty proud of myself right now and just wanted to share in some of the inspiring posts and stories I've been reading on here recently.

I do have one question to ask though. I see the 'paper towel roll' analogy on here often when talking about how long it takes for weight loss to become noticeable. So I just wanted to ask if anyone with similar starting weight and height to me had any experience of when they really started to notice the results. I can tell from my clothes, the scales, and my general feeling of health that i'm improving, but the superficial part of me is still waiting for the physical aspects of the weight loss to really show.

submitted by /u/barbwireboy2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/JVOaQvk

No comments:

Post a Comment