Sunday, October 8, 2023

How do you deal with or respond to the uncomfortable, “you’re getting to skinny” comments?

I’m a 5’4 F and went from weighing ~150+ lbs a few years ago then started my weight loss journey getting around to 125 lb. Back then I would get comments from other women suggesting I’m “too skinny” and “look anorexic” … These were from people I hardly knew. A family member also started making fun of my thighs saying it looks like there’s a tumour in my thigh and my body is like a tree. After that I lost weight loss momentum and stopped losing weight and stayed around ~130 lb for quite awhile.

I have a strange body shape therefore weight doesn’t look good on me in the 130 lb zone. I do not hold the weight well and it’s always been tough.

Recently I’ve lost another 10 lb after over a year of maintaining ~130 lb and now I’m at 120 lb. This is the lowest I’ve been. I’ve been doing ab workouts, consistent walking since I enjoy walking! And sometimes 35 minutes per day on a stationary bike and I feel much better!

Now it’s constantly back to the strange comments again, my mother for e.g is showing her friends photos of me, and them lecturing me that I “look too gaunt” …. I have naturally very high prominent cheekbones so… Those comments don’t make sense to me. My mom is also now starting to buy unhealthy foods like she always does (pastries, baked goods) or cook heavier meals suddenly now since the weight loss.

My sister also started getting weird and grabbing my butt saying I’m not gonna have a butt, etc that my body is weird…

Then there’s other people saying I look really good, my best friend … My brother’s fiancé immediately noticing, etc.

I’m really starting to lose momentum again and don’t know what to think. My best friend said it’s probably because people aren’t use to me being that in shape now and they don’t like that. I need some advice! How do you guys do it, how do you avoid commentary like this or people nosing into your progress? Did you listen or did you not?

submitted by /u/BlueSorrows
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1amQYNn

No comments:

Post a Comment