Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Changing Approach to Get Off the Roller Coaster

My journey began in October of 2016. This has been the hardest thing I’ve ever tried to accomplish. I’ve spent the past 7 years learning about the mechanics of how the body works, what makes up a calorie, learning how CICO functions, going into ketosis, getting out of ketosis, trying 18:6 intermittent fasting, trying 20:1 intermittent fasting (OMAD), diet coaches, lifting weights, looking spiritually through therapy as to what hole I am trying to fill with the constant longing to eat food in excess, tracking my calories, becoming a runner, working with accountability partners, and all the while, riding the roller coaster of weight loss.

The one thing I haven’t done, and allowing 7 years to pass without doing it is pretty humbling, is to take it slow. I’ve refused to do this because “if I can just get the weight off, then the rewards will be so great that the motivation to maintain will carry me.”

This has resulted in peaks and valleys, and I’m now back up to 222 lbs from my low of 175. At 5’10” and being a 41 y/o male, I know am fortunate by being able to enjoy a TDEE of 1967 calories even if I don’t exercise and still maintain my weight.

So, I’ve decided to make the beginning of my journey to take it slow with this post. The struggle thus far has blessed me with the habit of exercise daily, and I will continue that. The goal now is to eat at my TDEE of 1967 calories, and to stick with it for as many years as it takes to get to my goal weight of 165.

The piece of advice we all continually hear on this sub is that we must change our lifestyle in order to have the weight loss stick. I’m going to finally take that advice, and I’ll be posting my progress along the way.

submitted by /u/obscuremonstrosity
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/JiT6fgu

No comments:

Post a Comment