Sunday, October 22, 2023

Is calorie deficit really all that matters for weight loss if you're on antipsychotics?

I've tried dieting a thousand times, I've lost weight and gained it back just as many times. I decided at one point that I didn't care anymore and gained even more weight, but that was my depression talking. Now I'm 265 and want to get back down to at least 200, maybe lower if possible. I'm super short at 4'11"

I'm looking at doing a plan that is around 1200-1500 calories daily with prepackaged meals that count the calories out for me already. It would look like: skipping breakfast as I don't get hungry in the morning anyway, a salad and sandwich for lunch at about 250 calories for the salad and 350 for the sandwich, and a wrap at about 650 for dinner and maybe a small snack like a yogurt or some granola to get the cravings for sweet out, if needed. 0 or low calorie drinks like unsweetened tea or sparkling water. (I'm also just now giving up energy drinks D: help lol)

I believe this would allow me to eat foods I actually enjoy, not starve, and feel satisfied while creating a calorie deficit. I also plan to weight lift to build upper body muscle to burn more fat as well as some cardio on an exercise bike regularly.

The problem is I'm on an antipsychotic and that contributed to the weight gain. I am terrified that all this work will amount to nothing because of this medication.

submitted by /u/Weird-Accountant-873
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7OX0jUV

No comments:

Post a Comment