Thursday, October 19, 2023

How to lose in a healthy weight range?

I was never obese, just at the higher end of a healthy BMI (168 cm and 72kg / 5‘6“ and 158 lbs) and got serious about weight loss 2 months ago. Actually I thought I was already serious about it since the beginning of the year, but my calories were too high and I just lost and gained some water weight I think. Now exactly two months ago I started CICO and going to the gym 3x a week for a full body workout on machines. I eat around 1400 kcals a day (and sometimes more when on vacation) and try to get 100g of protein. I broke my caffeine addiction and get more sleep now and take magnesium every day. My problem is, the weight loss is just so so slow! 0.5 - 1 kg per month. I think I grew some muscles (since my weights increased at the gym) and my belly got flatter, but the scale is refusing to drop below 68 kgs. I mean it‘s not like I am in danger of becoming underweight yet, ideally I would still like to lose at least 4 more kgs, but how long will this take?! In the past I skipped many meals to lose weight and that worked well, but with the gym it‘s not an option anymore, I can‘t train hungry and I really want to sustain my weight loss and get stronger.

My question is: is it normal to have such a slow weight loss rate, should I be more strict with my calories or do I just need more patience? I was rather sedentary before starting the gym, so I guess my body is still getting used to being moved, I am so sore most of the days.

submitted by /u/Frosty_Invite2428
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/oOL9eui

No comments:

Post a Comment