Friday, March 15, 2024

Accurate TDEE - Worried I’m not at a big enough deficit.

I’m trying to get a handle on my caloric deficit as I get more serious about losing weight. For context, I’m 30/M, 5’9”, 190lbs. I lift 3 days a week and hike once a week, putting an emphasis on trails with incline to get my heart rate up.

I’ve been down the weight loss road before. I’ll spare you the details, but I got down to 140 in high school and 165 in college. Fast forward 10 years to marriage, desk job, and clinical depression and I can’t stand to look at myself in most pictures.

Without getting too off-topic, I’m worried that my caloric deficit isn’t enough. I’ve used multiple TDEE calculators online. Some say my deficit should have me at 1600, others say 1800, one said 2000 which can’t possibly be right. I use the MyFitnessPal app which autogenerated 1760 as my goal so I just stuck with it. I’m typically under that number by 200-300 calories per day anyway, but I still wonder if 1500 should be my daily “goal”.

I only started counting calories about two weeks ago, so this is not a “I’m not losing weight!” post. It hasn’t been enough time to worry about that yet. I’m wondering if I should stick to this 1760 for a month or two, continue to aim 200-300 under, and see what happens. But I’d also like to hear from others if this is clearly too high and I’m wasting two months of potential loss. If I set my goal to 1500, I’m probably just going to shoot for 200-300 under from that too.

Thanks and feel free to let me know if I’m leaving out any important info or any questions you may have for me.

submitted by /u/MADBARZ
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/mwOIyXS

No comments:

Post a Comment