Saturday, March 9, 2024

Unexpected issue after starting with weight loss

Hi guys,

im 29yo guy (106kg, 192cm) and few days ago i decided its time to cut down the weight (target being around 90kg). I do some light exercise and i got myself an app for roughly tracking my calorie intake, which after filling all my details told me i should aim for around 2100 kcal daily to gradually lose weight. I tried to get some info on the topic (the do's and dont's) and found out that for a sustainable weight loss i shouldnt really go TOO low with the calories. I simply expected to be a bit hungry throughout the day and im fine with that even though i was used to eating just about whatever came to mind before (i never really struggled with weight up to this point).

The problem i found today though is the exact opposite of what i expected - its 9pm, my app is showing 1200 calories in and for whatever reason im not feeling hungry AT ALL (and that includes 500ml monster energy i just drank with my brother). My question is how do i approach this situation? Should i just take the easy win for the day and get some easy calories down or should i try to get to the 2100 kcal point my app gave me? On one hand it sounds like easy win on the other im a bit concerned if this could cause some issues down the line (especially if it was to happen more often). Could it be that i wasnt used to eating so much protein and now my body is in some kind of "adjustment period"? As i said im a pretty big guy so from my point of view my body has no business not being hungry with only 1200 calories in.

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone and if so, how do you go about it? Thanks for any info, im new to the whole topic so any help is appreciated :)

submitted by /u/TheRealFeal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TQSf9UY

No comments:

Post a Comment