Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Sometimes you need a change - A Tale of 2 Dieticians

So first, a bit of context. I have always been a fan of fitness and working out, but have always loved food, cooking, and have struggled with weight and weight loss. I went through years of weight cycling caused by uninformed dieting, and eventually got to the point I was having mental health issues, stress, anxiety and not losing anything. I decided to take advantage of my health insurance coverage and start working with a dietician. I gave it two months working with an anti-diet dietician and was gaining and gaining weight, eventually up over 10 lbs. I was expressing my discomfort with the anxiety i was feeling, and though I was heard, nothing changed. I was told to stop weighing myself and just keep leaning into the anti diet, intuitive eating mentality. When I expressed my concerns and goals, there was much more of a focus on convincing me to not think that way than trying to help me.

Finally, I decided to call the practice, present my concerns and see what they could do. They paired me with a new Dietician who put me on a data driven fueling schedule, active monitoring of changes and what I eat. Most importantly, I feel heard and like my priorities and desires are much more the focus of what the plan is. I am already down 1.5% bodyfat and have more energy, feel great about myself and my anxiety is GONE, all while eating more than I have in 5 years. Sometimes you have to find the right fit for you, and focus on what strategy makes you feel proud of yourself. Most importantly, be okay to admit that not all dieticians have the same objective approach and the same philosophy. I believe in myself, have hope and see my goals on the horizon

submitted by /u/FormulaFan2024
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QlEYC59

No comments:

Post a Comment