Sunday, March 24, 2024

Mix of Boxing & Strength Training. Any shared experiences?

hi everyone! I usually go to the gym 4x a week to do strength training and I do about 20 minutes of low impact cardio after. I’ve been on a weight loss journey for 2 months now, I’ve lost about 8 pounds since starting so I am on a caloric deficit as well. I recently took a boxing fitness class with some friends and I loved it so much, the trainer was so cool and I felt so strong. I hadn’t been excited for something fitness related like that in a while.

I decided to sign up for the limited package where I would go 2x a week. So basically I’d be doing strength training 2x a week & boxing 2x a week. I know there’s a lot of talk about how weight lifting is the best thing you can do for weight loss etc and sometimes heavy cardio isn’t great so I wanted to get some advice. Does this sound like a decent workout program? What have your results in boxing been like? Can I still build muscle and burn fat while doing this regime - will the strength training 2x a week not be enough?

I know most of the progress happens in the kitchen but was just curious. Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/ApplesandBananazzz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4WjEOT0

No comments:

Post a Comment