Sunday, March 31, 2024

Example of why long-term weight tracking is important

Here is a picture of my weight during month of March 2024:

https://imgur.com/a/GNC8APu

My method of measuring weight:

  • Every morning, after waking up first go "empty myself"
  • Weigh myself before drinking or eating anything
  • Smart scale uploads the results directly to app

.. and if I didn't, I would have gone insane during this month's weight loss. I was very meticulous about making my meals and calculating their calories, I estimated I was in a ~1000 calorie deficit (2700 as opposed to 3700 total expenditure). Which seems to have held when looking at how much weight I have lost during the month, but the fluctuations are immense. 3kg (6.6lbs) daily fluctuations are very normal and then for almost for a week my weight was going UP while in a 1000kcal deficit.

So while the recommendation is to compare weekly averages, having a more long-term tracking graphs has helped me have confidence in that what I'm doing is really working. Even when my daily weight and even weekly averages give me little confidence.

Also yes, I'm aware I lost weight above 1% recommendation and 1000 kcal is higher deficit than recommended numbers, but I've been able to maintain this deficit without losing sleep, daytime energy, libido or ability to exercise. So it seems to be working for me, I'll take a break soon where I'm at maintenance and then I'll continue weight loss. I still have some way to go, but I'm down from ~160kg lifetime max so I'm just happy it's working.

Just thought to make a post in case there are other people out there like me, whose body weight seems to behave in an very volatile manner even on weekly basis when trying to lose weight. Long-term tracking of weight has been really, really helpful in guiding me during the weight loss journey.

submitted by /u/prevent-the-end
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Bmi3oFj

No comments:

Post a Comment