Thursday, March 28, 2024

Getting over leftovers inertia

Hi all,

I’ve been attempting to be in weight loss phase these past few months and have been failing pretty badly. I have to eat between 1300-1500 to be in calorie deficit and somehow end up eating 1800+ on multiple days every week simply because I can’t get myself to eat leftovers. When I do eat it, I’m perfectly satisfied with the meal and it does indeed taste yummy. But when hunger pangs first hit me, I find the leftovers almost repugnant and want to order in desperately. It’s not even a weak-moment decision. I sometimes spend an hour debating my options, consider cooking a new dish, open my refrigerator and cabinets multiple times, and then order and wait for my food for thirty more minutes.

I’m in a moderately unpredictable job where I cannot fix my lunch/dinner timings so I can’t preemptively feed myself before the hunger pangs hit. (Although, I ’m open to suggestions to work around it). I could possibly push myself to spend 30 minutes cooking every day but I really don’t seem to succeed at it since my hit rate with cooking yummy meals is maybe 2/5 times. And rewarding myself for eating leftovers is not working, cuz I’m mostly run out of willpower by the end of the day.

I do tend to eat mostly whole foods due to inflammatory responses to heavily processed food so premade meals are mostly out of question. The meals with good clean ingredients are all pretty out of my budget.

Any advice on working around this weird inertia?

submitted by /u/ZilchNot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fYhwca2

No comments:

Post a Comment