Friday, March 1, 2024

Feeling inspired, and wanted to share with others who might be in the same boat!

I get a lot of inspiration from this community, so whenever I can share something that might encourage others, I rush over here to do so! In 2020, I was 195lbs at 5’9. Through portion control and exercise, I worked my way down to 143. My life exploded in several ways and I got back up to 172. I am now at 166, with a goal of getting to a 150-155 range.

Well, I was on a walk today and decided to listen to the Half Size Me podcast. In the episode, she was talking about how we often don’t think about how we could’ve gained all the weight back, instead we focus on our lowest. So for example, instead of me being proud of myself because I was able to recognize what was happening at 172 and started to make my way back down, I often am disappointed that I’m no longer at my lowest. I don’t think about how great it is that I’m not back at 195 or even higher.

This just felt like a great motivator and inspired me to continue forward, and be proud of myself because I did several things right and have maintained about a 30 pound weight loss for 4 years now, even through the hardest times of my life. The several things I did right: kept exercising (inconsistently but I did), portion control and not going back for seconds (again inconsistently but I did), and weighing in weekly.

I hope this helps others who have also gained some weight back. You might not be at your lowest, but you’re also not at your highest- and that is amazing!

submitted by /u/atzgirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/U8AJfck

No comments:

Post a Comment