Sunday, March 10, 2024

Protein ideas please

So, I’m trying to do this thing (CICO). I’ve tried so many times and failed miserably for many reasons, one of which is the dual challenge of being 5’ 3”, 265lbs and having mobility issues due to past damage to my legs pairs with a naturally slow metabolism. I’ve always been the curvy girl, even healthy and working out twice a day as a competitive athlete as a teen - which I am now decidedly not. But I’m here again and looking for support (something new).

I’ve been avid tracker of food intake during past periods and currently, and after review, I need help with ideas on how to get more protein into my diet. I’m struggling with feeling hungry as I reduce intake. That, and tracking what I’m eating (I struggle to get to 50 grams), says I need to try.

My problem is this is the one food area I get picky about. I could be a vegetarian 80% of the time, except I love the parts that aren’t great for weight loss like cheese and milk in my coffee. Meat is challenging - some of it is a taste preference and some of it is mental. Nothing on bones, nothing in a can, nothing that swims, nothing that still looks like the original animal. I can do the occasional scrambled egg, but if I try to eat more than two they aren’t staying down because it’s mentally triggering. Eggs with cheese and veggies are ok.

Does any one have some kind suggestions for high protein items to add to meals/snacks that may help? My goal is dual: add protein but also feel full to help eat fewer calories by warding off poor snacking choices.

submitted by /u/Lady_Dgaf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/5nLdKY0

No comments:

Post a Comment