Thursday, March 14, 2024

I lost 85 pounds! I feel amazing, but still have so many conflicting feelings, and losing motivation to lose the rest.

This is a vent/rant post.

I'm a 30M 5'8 and I lost 85 pounds. I went from 285-200. It took me about a year to lose all that weight. I feel so much better, my confidence is up, and clothes look pretty good on me again!

But then I looked at my naked body in the mirror and feel horrible about myself.

  • I lost 85 pounds, but I'm still visibly fat. My body went from being a big blob to a less big blob.
  • My knees still kill me after hiit/cardio workouts, and my stamina still sucks
  • I still have moobs. I still have a huge stomach. There's still a ton of fat around my FUPA
  • My thighs are still huge and flabby and my ass is still as flat as a pancake

It doesn't help that I've kinda plateaued around 200 pounds. My 'diet' never really changed much; I did cut out a lot of junk like chocolate milkshakes, oreos, etc., but my diet isn't exactly healthy. I literally eat breaded chicken nuggets/chicken tenders with tater tots or mashed potatoes 80% of the time, and sometimes I'll have bacon and eggs. It's horribly unhealthy, I know. So much saturated fat and carbs that feel impossible to avoid in US food. I know carbs aren't exactly 'bad', but I do feel like doing low-carb helped a lot for my weight loss.

It's exhausting knowing I have to adjust my diet again, probably eating foods I don't care for. It's exhausting to know it's going to take months before I lose another 40–50 pounds for my body to finally look 'skinny'. I know I have to start going to the gym to help shape my physique, yet for some reason I have no motivation to do that. Mostly because I don't know where to start. I don't have a buddy I can take to the gym with me to show me the ropes. I'm nervous, looking like an idiot trying to figure out how all the strength machines work.

I think I'm just burnt out, and discouraged that what I've done to lose 85 pounds is no longer working. I thought losing the last couple of pounds would be the easy part, but it's proving to be the most challenging part. I didn't lose all this weight for nothing, and I want to keep going, but damn I'm feeling frustrated that my body still looks so gross. How did y'all keep going?

submitted by /u/SpaceAids420
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MnmKs8R

No comments:

Post a Comment