Friday, March 8, 2024

Can you do this without spending tons of money??

Hi all! Long time lurker but don't think I've ever posted.

I'm 27f and last I weighed myself was months ago (don't own a scale) and I was around 180 and I am 5'3''... This is obviously not where I want to be. I just had my first child on 2/27/23 and now, a year later, I have finally recovered from most of my postpartum trauma that prevented me from doing, well, really anything lol.

I was fairly active up until 2021 although I was still slightly overweight. I walked regularly and boxed 1-2 times a week. But beyond that I was never very consistent and I think I only maintained my weight and didn't manage to really lose any.

I have started back in the last month trying to lose weight. I have been more consistent than ever. I do cardio twice a week for 30+ min at the time, I lift weights twice a week, and I try to take a day or two to focus on my core also. With this I am taking designated rest days (usually every Wednesday and Thursday) and walking nearly every day for 30-45 min as well.

I know this is all progress. Weight loss or no weight loss I know how incredibly important it was for me to start working out again for my mental and physical health.

As far as counting calories I am doing my best but... This is where my questions come in.

My family is financially struggling right now. Which is undoubtedly another thing I used as an excuse this last year (I told myself oh well we can't afford a gym membership. Or any equipment.) but I know it has to be possible regardless.

  1. I know it is possible to lose weight and never step foot in a gym. But I don't consider myself an expert. Did anyone else here lose weight without spending money on a gym membership?

  2. Counting calories is something I find nearly impossible. We are on a tight food budget right now but I make sure my family eats healthy. We have access to all good groups. But I have no kitchen scale and any expense seems daunting for us right now. I have made a very serious change in my eating habits, I used to eat just whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Now I am very careful to eat high protein and low carb. I am not sure of the amount of calories I am consuming since I don't own a kitchen scale but I know it HAS to be less. Was there anything you did as far as a diet change you knew worked whether you really counted calories or not?

  3. All I have is my stepper (think the popular one on TikTok right now except mine is a different brand I got years ago) and some dumbells. Do I really HAVE to have anything else? I know I've been told weight lifting is important to lose weight but I feel like my little set is probably enough?

I am hoping this year will be the start of my family being in a better position financially. But in the meantime I feel so discouraged. I see so many people saying they lost weight by hitting the gym or specific diets (I am willing to eat healthy and clean and I already have made major changes as I said. But I'm talking about doing keto or or something) and these are all things that are not obtainable for me right now as we need to be very frugal. Did anyone else manage to lose some pounds while in a hard spot like that?

If it's a silly question I apologize. I am just so discouraged because every suggestion I see when it comes to weight loss costs money, and not just a little, but a LOT! Lol

Thanks in advance for any input or advice ❤️

submitted by /u/-beleriand-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/KHTJFLY

No comments:

Post a Comment