Saturday, March 2, 2024

Should walking be critical?

I'm 27f 5'5 at 320 pounds. I was 326 but spent a month dieting (had a couple set backs) and would walk 3 times a week for an hour.

Now that the month is up, while I enjoyed some or the walks, it feels understimulating. My goal is one day to get into calisthenics because I want to feel more in control and sync with my body and I've always read body weight exercises are more beneficial than cardio for weight loss. The issue is I'm still walking in the meantime but find my ankles are getting sore and seem more fragile. I get shooting pains but I have new walking shoes that are only used for walking (New Balance). I was thinking switching out walking 3 times a week to at home body weight exercises 3 times a week with my dieting and focus on stability and strengthening my legs and ankles.

Would it be more beneficial to switch or should I try to incorporate both?

submitted by /u/Opesorry7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kbxmgVH

No comments:

Post a Comment