Saturday, March 16, 2024

An update post on my weight loss and reversing type 2 diabetes

I made a post here about how I lost 80 lbs and reversed type 2 diabetes. In march of 2023, my A1c was 7.5, and it scared the crap out of me as a 21 year old. I started exercising every day and I started eating less, note-unlike most diabetics, I didn’t cut out carbs. I wanted to see how my body reacted to just exercise and a calorie deficit.

By June of 2023, I had lost 35 lbs and my A1c was down to 5.8! I decided to keep it up, and as of march 10th, 2024, my A1c is now 5.2 and my fasting blood sugar is in the 80s.

I say I REVERSED diabetes because I can now eat a heavy carb meal like spaghetti, or cake and my blood sugar never goes over 120. I show no signs of ever having diabetes even though my 7.5 A1c indicated that I did.

So in my case, weight loss actually did eliminate diabetes. My body uses insulin like everyone else that doesn’t have diabetes. So if you’re diagnosed with it, lose weight and exercise every day.

submitted by /u/2006gto1234
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wIgFeJ

No comments:

Post a Comment