Tuesday, March 19, 2024

New to the journey

In Jan, I went to the doctor for the first time in too long. They ordered blood work and scheduled me for a follow up after two weeks. At that time, I was told I had high cholesterol, blood pressure, triglycerides, and was diabetic. They wanted to put me on something for each. I agreed to go on it all for 6 months while I worked on weight loss and eating healthy to combat the diagnosis.

It has been 61 days. 61 days ago, I weighed 245lb. I set a goal to lose 45lb. 58 days ago I joined a gym in support of that goal. I have been going 5-6 times per week for cardio and weight training. I average about 1h15m at the gym each day. Yesterday, I weighed in at 218#. I have 18# left to hit my initial goal. I'm going to maintain there for a bit before deciding if I want to cut further.

45m, 245 SW, 218 CW, 200 GW #1

When I met with my provider the first time after the diagnosis I told them that I didn't think the way I was eating was sustainable. That has been 33 days and I now am very confident in my ability to maintain this lifestyle. My daily calorie average over the past 58 days since I started tracking has been ~2000. My daily expenditure average has been ~3300.

Keep up the work everyone.

submitted by /u/throwAwayAcct1963
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fG9a1no

No comments:

Post a Comment