Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Starting to get demotivated… (and an exercise / cal question)

How long after starting a gym routine does ‘water weight’ stay on? How much exercise warrants ‘light’, ‘moderate’, or ‘heavy’ exercise when calculating your TDEE?

I am 5’4.5” and female, weighing in the 180s. I am desperate to break through a plateau/ fix an error in my calorie calculations.

I’ve already lost over 95lbs but I still feel like I have no idea what I’m doing… the first half of my weight loss I was sedentary. I added in walking over the summer but stopped when it got cold.

Since the middle of January, I’ve added in low impact fitness classes (barre, yoga, pilates, reformer) 5-7 days a week, 45-90min per day. I also do about 45-60min of weight training at the gym 2-4x a week (usually 3x, alternating legs, pull, push days). Other than this activity, I am pretty sedentary due to a desk job.

Now, I didn’t lose a single lb in December. I attributed this to vacation and holidays. January I lost 9 lbs! Amazing! So happy! Then Feb… 0 lost. Again. Halfway through March and I’m fluctuating between 182 (lowest low and only .5 lb down from Feb) and 189????????! I am so frustrated and feel myself starting to slip up and be lenient because I am demotivated, and then push myself too hard at the gym without allowing for recovery because of it. Then I’m starving. A bad, horrible cycle.

Is this normal? What can I do to budge into the 170s and lower (and no longer be obese… at BMI 30/31 I am SO freaking close! 🫣🫣🫣)

I know fluctuations happen, I know exercise causes weight due to water retention and inflammation but this seems extreme.

Currently I eat about 1500 cals and 110-160g protein. My trainer at the gym wants me to eat 1650/160g cal but I am too afraid to bump it up. I was eating 1300ish before the exercise was added.

submitted by /u/SnooBunnies2614
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/9wlLdqm

No comments:

Post a Comment